Grayson CAD Online Protest Portal
Before you begin…
There is NO CHARGE for this service.
Grayson County property owners may use this portal to file Residential Homestead Exemption Applications and submit Protests regarding appraised value.
To use these services you will need a registered online account. If you have previously created an online account with our Online Protest then you can continue to use that user account. If you purchased new property you can use your previous user account and add your other properties to the same user account by editing your profile and add your other PIN(s). If you have never used our Online Protest Portal in the past, then you will need to register for an online account. To register you will need your Property ID and OWNER ID PIN. These can be found printed on the Homestead Exemption Application and/or the Notice of Appraised Value that was mailed to you from our office.
The following exemption types are available for online filing:
- General Residence Homestead
- Disabled Person
- Person Age 65 or Older (or Surviving Spouse)
- 100 Percent Disabled Veteran (or Surviving Spouse)
- Surviving Spouse of an Armed Services Member Killed in Action
- Surviving Spouse of a First Responder Killed in the Line of Duty
- Donated Residence of Partially Disabled Veteran (or Surviving Spouse)
To submit an exemption application you will be required to include an image of your current/unexpired Texas Driver’s License or Texas ID card. The address listed on your DL/ID card must match the situs address of the property you are applying for. Some exemption types may require additional documentation as indicated on the application. Click here to Apply or click the button on the upper far right on this page.
Due to software limitations beyond our control, our Online Appeals website is only available until mid-July each year. We are required to Certify our appraisal records by July 25th; the current year’s appraisal roll is certified (or is actively being certified) which causes these features to be unavailable until the next year’s protest season.
From this point forward you will receive any updates or correspondence about your protest case via USPS mail.
- Submitting Evidence – If you have evidence files for your protest case/hearing that you wish to submit can be brought with you for your scheduled hearing or you can email your files to firstname.lastname@example.org; emailed evidence must be submitted no later than three (3) days prior to your scheduled hearing.
- Appraiser Evidence – You should receive a letter in the mail with instructions on how to view the appraiser’s evidence on our eDoc Portal website. The evidence will be made available on that website no later than two days before your scheduled hearing. You will need your Owner ID and PIN to view the files, these are included in the letter mentioned above and on your Notice of Appraised Value.
- Reschedule Hearing – ARB hearing reschedule requests can be submitted by email to email@example.com; please submit your request before the day of your scheduled hearing.
- Please see the Notice of Protest Hearing letter that was (or will be at least 15 days prior to your hearing) sent to you for more information.
- Be sure to include your Full Name and Case ID and/or Prop ID with any correspondence.
Contact the Grayson Central Appraisal District by phone at (800)730-5515 for further assistance with your protest.
Quick reference videos:
- Registering for e-File
- Viewing an Appraisal District Document
- Upload Evidence
- Viewing, Accepting, or Rejecting a Settlement Offer
Please consult our self-guided Help if you need assistance with our e-File site. If you can’t find what you need there, we also offer a Helpdesk — but we can only offer assistance with our e-File site through our Helpdesk. (We cannot answer questions about your property, its ownership, or your protest through our helpdesk.)
Helpdesk tickets are generally worked in the order they’re received and, during our peak season, responses can take up to two business days. Submission of a Helpdesk ticket does not extend your Protest Deadline.